Mysore University has conducted the Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) exam on 30th December 2018 in various examination centres across Karnataka state. There were lakhs of aspirants who attended the examination for becoming a lecturer or assistant professor. Candidates who appeared for the KSET examination can check the results now in the official website http://www.kset.uni-mysore.ac.in
KSET Examination will be held in three stages. Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III. Candidates who clear all the examination with good score will get the opportunity to serve as a lecturer or assistant professor in various colleges across Karnataka.
The reports says that total of 80,758 candidates appeared for the examination. Out of which 5,627 candidates have cleared the exam. Among 5,627 candidates, 3,154 are male candidates and the rest are female. In general only 6.96% of total candidates could clear the examination successfully, says reports.
Candidates who have passed this particular examination can apply for the post of assistant professor recruitment in future.
Its said that in 2017, the total passing percentage was 6.81. the results were declared early as it would help candidates to apply for various assistant professor posts across Karnataka.
The KSET was examination was conducted at 11 different examination centres for 39 different subjects in Karnataka. The passing percentage of candidates who opted Bangalore as an examination centre in 9.68 whereas in Mangalore, 8.91% and in mysore, the passing percentage is 7.26 out of total number of candidates appeared in the respective examination centre.
Candidates who appeared for criminology subject have scored higher. The passing percentage is 17.94. candidates who appeared in the home science subject have score the percentage of 17.39.
About KSET Exam:
- Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) is conducted by mysore university in the state of Karnataka to check the eligibility of the candidates for lectureship in various universities.
- The candidates who would like to appear for KSET examination, should possess master’s degree from an institution recognized by UGC ( University Grants Commission) with atleast 55% of aggregate score (50% for SC or ST or OBC)
- Candidates who have appeared for the examination of master’s degree or candidates who are awaiting for the results may also apply for KSET exam.
- Such candidates will be allotted provisionally and shall be eligible only when they pass the master’s degree exam with the specified percentage.
- KSET exam paper comprises of three levels.
- Paper-I: it comprises of English language, reasoning ability and general awareness. There will total of 60 multiple choice question.
- Paper-II: it comprises of questions based on the subject selected by individuals. There will total of 50 objective type question.
- Paper-III: I: it comprises of questions based on the subject selected by individuals. However the pattern of paper-III will be bit different as it contains two essay type questions, three analytical or evaluative questions, nine short answer type and five text based questions.
- KSET exams are conducted in the following centres.