Union Public Service Commission has released notification for the recruitment of Geologists, Geophysicist, Chemist post and Junior Hydrologists. There is a total of 106 vacancies among which 50 seats are for geologists Group A, 14 seats for Geophysicist Group A, 15 seats for chemist Group A and 27 seats for Junior Hydro Geologists. The last date for the registration is 16th April 2019.
- Important dates to remember
|Date of notification||20th march 2019|
|Last date for receipt of application||16th April 2019|
|Date of commencement of exam||28th June 2019|
For Geologist, Group A, Geophysicist, Group A and Chemists, Group A
*Maximum age: 21 years
*Minimum age: 32 years
For junior hydro geologists (Scientists B), Group A
*Maximum age: 21 years
*Minimum years: 35 years
*relaxation for reserved category will be as per the norms of the organisation.
For geologists and junior hydro geologists grade A in geological survey of India:
Candidates should possess master’s degree in geology or geological science or applied geology or mineral exploration or geo-exploration or engineering geology or marine geology or earth science and resource management or oceanography and geochemistry or geological technology or petroleum geoscience or coastal area studies or petroleum exploration or geophysical technology from a recognised university.
For geologists grade A in geological survey of India:
Candidates should possess M.Sc. in geophysics or M.Sc. in physics or applied physics or integrated M.Sc. in exploration geophysics or M.Sc. in marine geophysics or M.Sc. in in applied geophysics from recognized university.
For chemists grade A in geological survey of India:
Candidates should possess M.Sc. in chemistry or analytical chemistry or applied chemistry from a recognized university.
Candidates should pay the fees of Rs.200/- except SC, ST, PH and female.
Selection procedure comprises of three stages
- Stage-I: Preliminary examination
- Stage-II: Main Examination
- Stage-III: Personality Test
Details of examination:
Stage-I: Preliminary examination (Objective Type)
- Paper-I: General studies 2 hours 100 marks
- Paper-II: Geology / Hydrology 2 hours 300 marks
Total 400 marks
Stage-I: Main examination (Descriptive Type)
- Paper-I: Geology 3 hours 200 marks
- Paper-II: Geology 3 hours 200 marks
- Paper-III: Geology 3 hours 200 marks
Total 600 marks
Stage-III: Personality Test – 200 marks
How to apply for the online application form?
- Firstly, visit the official website Union Public Service Commission i.e., www.upsconline.nic.in
- Then follow “Online application for various examination of UPSC”
- Now hit on “Press here below for Part-I Registration” which is present in front of combined geo-scientists and geologist examination.
- Fill the form with all the required details.
- After that submit your application fee and revisit the site for UPSC geologist registration.
- Once you are done with applying for the Part-I Registration, candidates should further apply for Part-II by filling form with required details.
- Now upload the scan copy of essential documents such as passport size photograph as well as signature.
- Once its done, get the print out for future reference.
- Certificate of age
- Certificate of educational qualification
- Certificate to support the candidates belong to SC / ST and Other Backward Classes. (if any).
- Certificate to support the candidates who claim for age and fee concession, wherever applicable.
- Certificate to support the candidates who claim for being physically handicapped.
Once the allotment capacity of a particular centre is attained, candidates are supposed to \choose from the remaining centres. Allotment of centres will be “first-apply-first-allot”. Hence the candidates are advised to apply as early as possible. Following are the centres where examination takes place.
For more details: